SCRIPPS RANCH CIVIC ASSOCIATION
February 9, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Scripps Ranch – Zoom Meeting
- Roll Call 7:01 call to order 26 members present.
- Modifications to the Agenda.
Trail mapping and Spring Cleaning Day
- Non-Agenda Public Comment.
Two new memberships from Mira Mesa
- ELECTED OFFICIALS/PUBLIC SERVICE REPORTS
- New Representative from San Diego Mayor’s office – (Stephen Estrada)
This year’s financial budget for is 86 million.
Public Health – Currently at Purple Level (Masks/Social distancing)
Mayor’s Executive Orders:
- 3 million in Rental Assistance (Federal Assistance)
- Delivery fee increase to 15%
- Extend Rental relief starting 02/01/21 thru 04/01/21 (60 days extension)
- S. Congress (Congressman Peters) – (Congressman guest)-Not Present
- CA State Assembly (Assemblyman Mainenshien) – R. Knudsen
- Currently San Diego is #1 in administered COVID-19 in the state of CA. 7 million vaccinated thus far. To find vaccinations areas near you, go to https://myturn.ca.gov
- Legislative Package (AB114) – which would qualify genomics testing as a covered Medi-Cal benefit. Following the success of #ProjectBabyBear, rapid Whole Genome Sequencing has proven to yield life-changing benefits in diagnosing the exact cause of genetic diseases. SRCA Dennis asked “Will the Project be centralized. Knudsen answered “Yes”.
- County of San Diego (Bob Reamer) – Jeffrey Yeun
Proposing Small Business Grand, 30 million. 6 per district. Applications start March
1, 2021. Open COVID 19 vaccination available in the Chula Vista medical facilities.
- San Diego Police Department: None
- Planning Groups (SRPG and MRNPC)
The SR Planning Group will hold its annual election of members.
On March 4, 2021, we will elect or re-elect 10 members of the Planning Group. The Scripps Ranch Planning Group is one of 42 Community Planning Groups in the City of San Diego. Its area of responsibility includes the southern part of Scripps Miramar Ranch and all of Rancho Encantada / Stonebridge Estates. Members of the Planning Group are volunteers elected to two-year terms by the community.
Community planning groups are recognized by the City Council to make recommendations to the Mayor, City Council, Planning Commission, City staff and other governmental agencies on matters specifically concerning the preparation of, adoption of, implementation of, or amendment to, the General Plan or a land use plan in each recognized group’s planning area boundaries. The City Council recognizes one official planning group in each community. Groups work with City staff to formulate and implement the General Plan and community plans, and to advise the Planning Commission and City Council on projects. Elements of the General and Community Plans include:
Land Use and Community Planning, Mobility, Urban Design, Economic Prosperity,
Public Facilities, Services and Safety, Recreation, Conservation, Historic Preservation, Noise, Housing.
This year Bob Ilko and Scott Hilberg will be leaving the group after March. Thank you Bob and Scott for your service.
The following current members are candidates for election or re-election this year: Julie Ellis, Tamar Silverstein, Stuart Gross, Marty Lorenzo, Jenny Marshall, Robert Petering, Don Ringel, Marvin Miles, Marc Sorensen. We also have two new candidates: Victora LaBruzzo and Christopher Keane.
Vote in This Year’s Election:
Our election will be held at 3:30pm to 6:30pm, March 4, 2021, at the Scripps Ranch Library Parking Lot. Only residents, property owners, or people working in Scripps Ranch may vote, and only if they have attended at least two meetings of the Planning Group.
How to vote:
This election will use in-person drive-by voting, from 3:30pm to 6:30pm on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at the Library Parking Lot. Face Masks are required. Members of the Planning Group will have a table at the Library Parking Lot, where we will verify eligibility and provide paper ballots. Please complete your ballot and put it in the ballot box.
Election results will be announced at the regular electronic meeting of the SRPG at 7:00pm on March 4.
Our next meetings are March 4, April 1, May 6, and June 3, 2021. Agendas for meetings are posted on the back door of the Library, and electronically on the webpages listed below. Each Agenda contains instructions for joining the meeting. Please see the Planning Group’s webpage at www.scrippsranch.org/srpg and the City’s Scripps Ranch webpage at https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/scrippsmiramarranch.
MRNPC: No meeting held due to COVID
- ACTION ITEMS
- Budge for 2020. Unanimous – 26 votes
- Financial Summary Report: Jim Neal, Treasure.
– All in all SRCA is “Breaking Even”.
– Working the issues with Quicken Book (with the help of consultant).
– Concerns were brought up why we are paying for utilities and monthly rent on recreations facticity. Bob explained it was a contract agreement with SD County.
- SRCA COMMITTEE AND ADVISORY GROUP REPORTS: None
CLOSED SESSION / INTERNAL BOARD ISSUES – None
Meeting Closed at 9pm
VII. President’s Report: N/A