|Welcome to the Scripps Ranch
2014 Water-wise Garden Tour
Sunday, April 6th – 12:30 to 4:30PM
Check for more updates as they become available
How do you maintain appealing, useful outdoor spaces when you live in a semi-desert, at the end of the water pipeline, during an era of rising water rates and what may be the beginning of a multi-year drought cycle? Come see more than a dozen great examples of what your neighbors have already done, in different styles and cost levels. For greater walkability, we’re assembling three compact clusters for you to visit: south of Pomerado Rd, north of Pomerado Rd, and a multi-unit cluster near Highway 15.
What will you see? Click here for a Guide of home features
- New and established plants: natives, succulents, cactus, Mediterranean, Australian
- Professional hardscapes, living areas, shelters, rock formations, stream beds, terracing, walls
- Updated irrigation systems, rainwater capture and distribution, smart controllers
- Low-water grass substitutes and also turf replacement areas
- One home with several chickens
- Edible front yard
- redesigned large common area with trees, attractive low-water trees, shrubs, and succulents
- artificial turf used as a putting green, horseshoe pit, and toddler play area
- decomposed granite for naturalistic flowing paths with good permeability
- benches and shade area, off-leash dog run
- landscaper and HOA president will be on-hand especially for other HOAs’ questions
- Tours at 1:30 and 3:30 for San Diego’s greenest apartment complex: low-maintenance modernistic landscaping, salt-water pool and Jacuzzi, green building materials, large solar area, nest monitoring system and more.
Scripps Townhomes condo complex: left on Affinity Court to Scripps Vista Way, 92131
Solterra eco-luxury apartments: 9865 Erma Rd. www.solterraecoluxuryapts.com/solterra
Educational experts to help get you started
We are pleased to provide the following educational information and experts at 11810 Timberlake Dr.
- City of San Diego Water Conservation Department: plant lists, free residential surveys, turf and rainwater rebate program information
- Experts to answer irrigation questions
- Think Blue: managing storm water for your property
- San Diego Master Gardeners for your gardening and pest questions
- California Native Plant Society to answer questions and to schedule a Free 15 minute consultations-see below for details
- Green Gardens Group- California Friendly Landscape Training class for homeowner, package of offering for HOAs, and Ocean Friendly Garden information
- Worm composting demonstration
For further questions contact [email protected]
Please join SRCA, which helped make his event possible: www.scrippsranch.org/join
The tour is free but donations to our SRCA collection boxes at the tour sites are appreciated.
Free 15 minute Consultations from California Native Plant Society at 10685 Carillon Ct.
To schedule an appointment call- Will Johnson at 619-917-7326
Before meeting the landscape designer, we encourage you to read here
We are pleased to add the following home on 11314 Alderidge Ct with a wonderful Native landscape front and back, and a well designed stream bed.
Donations greatly appreciated. All proceeds go to support Sustainable Scripps Ranch and the SRCA.