SCRIPPS RANCH CIVIC ASSOCIATION
June 11, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Scripps Ranch Library, Conference Room
- Roll Call 7:03 call to order 16 members present.
- Modifications to the Agenda —
- Non-Agenda Public Comment
- ELECTED OFFICIALS/PUBLIC SERVICE REPORTS
- S. Congress (Congressman Peters) – E. Magee (Congressman guest) – Not Present
- CA State Assembly (Assemblyman Maienschein)
- Discuss the Assembly Bill 845 and 85
- County of San Diego (Supervisor Gaspar) – Not Present
- San Diego City Council (Councilmember Kersey) – Not Present
- San Diego Police Department
- Auto theft – 0
- Auto break-in – 6
- Commercial break in – 1 (Soberos Restaurant)
- Home break in – 2 (attempts, no theft of items)
- San Diego City Attorney (City Attorney Mara Elliott) –Not present
- Planning Groups (SRPG and MRNPC)
- Park improvements
- New Parks
- Hendricks Pond
- Planning meeting – Fire 37
- MCAS Leaders Forum
- Noise complaint addressed to MCAS base
- Toured Tower/Radar Room
- ACTION ITEMS
- Car show pushed later to Sep/Oct time frame. 1st annual car show (Tony G). Sponsored by City Chevrolet ($1,000). Seeking local sponsors. Located at Community Center parking lot, 8/31/19. First 30 cars that register (website to registioer and entry fee of $20) are in the car show. Judges will present top three cards with ribbons or trophies. Concerns are that it falls on Memorial Day.
- SRCA COMMITTEE AND ADVISORY GROUP REPORTS
- Voted unanimous to approving SRCA FY 2018-19 Budget Adjustment for SDG&E Grant at 7:34pm.
- BRM (Matt) has resigned due to relocating. Replacement BRM is unknown at this time. Last sales report was received and shared with SRCA members.
- Noted CIP improvements list from SRPG due soon (Wally’s report)
- Communication/website = need meeting. [Yea Bob called a Membership meeting last weekend but did not follow up after asking for available times; Its ben 23 months since the last one!]
- Minutes from May were not ready [yours to do double up to keep current. Are you posting to website when approved?]
- Rudy Suzara rejoins district vacancy TBD – ask Todd. He can back up Constant Contact outgoing messaging volunteer vs paying Cory $200/mo
- Budget adjustment for use of $5K grant funds presented and approved
- Budget adjustment policy presented and approved.
SRCA 50 plus board meeting and updates:
- A new Alzheimer’s San Diego Dementia Support and discussion Group starts tonight (June 11) at the Community Center. The Group will meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month from 6:30 to 8:00pm. The leader is a Scripps Ranch resident who was recruited with the help of SRCA 50 plus.
- SRCA 50 Plus will start a new series of events Scripps Ranch’s Got Talent in July. These are intended as monthly intergenerational events where twenty o under and fifty or over are invited to share their interested and talents in a community gathering focusing on a specific theme – in this case, “Patriotism.” People will being their personally – created “works” – painting, phonographs, baked goods, knitting, quilts, inventions, poems, stories, jokes, songs, plants, floral arrangements, pottery, wood-working, clothes – anything that illustrates their “talent” related to this theme – display and discuss at the Scripps Ranch Library on July 13.
- SRCS 40 plus plans to start a Nordic pole walking group to walk at the lake starting in August.
- We have several new volunteers on SRCA 50 plus Committee who are helping get these new thing started.
LOSED SESSION / INTERNAL BOARD ISSUES (if needed
Meeting Closed at 924pm
- Intense discussion with regards to hiring a new BRM and what measures have/will be taken to increase membership in the future
VII. President’s Report