SCRIPPS RANCH CIVIC ASSOCIATION
March 8, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Scripps Ranch – Zoom Meeting
- Roll Call 7:00 call to order 20 members present.
- Modifications to the Agenda. N/a
- Non-Agenda Public Comment. N/a
- ELECTED OFFICIALS/PUBLIC SERVICE REPORTS
- Representative from San Diego Mayor’s office – (Stephen Estrada)
Mayor Gloria will be attending SRCA meeting today by Zoom to discuss the following topics and any other concerns:
- San Diego Schools will be opening no later than April 23, 2021.
- Clean Reusable Power program. $700.000.00
- Reopening of Libraries.
- Women of Distinction. Submit your nominees from your community
- Street Repairs updates.
- Yani Restaurant updates.
- San Diego City Council (Councilmember Von Wilpert):
- Street repairs updates.
- 300 million received for City Budget.
- Yanni’s Restaurant updates
- CA State Assembly (Assemblyman Mainenshien) N/A
- S Congress (Congressman Peters)
- County of San Diego (Bob Reamer) – N/A
San Diego Police Department: N/A
- Planning Groups (SRPG and MRNPC)
Scripps Ranch Planning Group
Our election of members was held on March 4. The following people were elected this year: Julie Ellis, Tamar Silverstein, Stuart Gross, Christopher Keane, Marty Lorenzo, Victoria LaBruzzo, Jenny Marshall, Robert Petering, Don Ringel, Marvin Miles, Marc Sorensen.
An Opening on the Planning Group:
We have an upcoming opening to fill a remaining year term on our Planning Group due to a member resignation. If you are interested in being appointed to this vacancy, please contact me, and plan to attend meetings of the group. Any resident, property owner, or person associated with a business in Scripps Ranch and Stonebridge is eligible.
Pure Water Status Update:
The Water Department staff gave us an update on the Pure Water program. The project’s ultimate goals have been expanded: It is expected to provide up to half the water for our area after completion of phase 1 in about 2025, and for the whole city when complete in 2035. Phase 1 of the project consists of construction and/or improvements to the Morena Pump Station, a pipeline to the North City Water Reclamation Plant, the North City Pure Water Facility, the Metro Biosolids Center, a Pipeline from the Pure Water Facility to Lake Miramar, and the Miramar Water Treatment Plant. When complete, this will produce about 30,000,000 gallons of purified water per day into Miramar Lake, where it will blend with imported and local water supplies.
Construction of the pipeline between the North City Pure Water Facility and Miramar Lake is schedule to begin in the Summer of this year – 2021. The pipeline will be installed mostly along Miramar Road. It will pass under I-15 near Businesspark Avenue, and continue along Carroll Canyon Road and Hoyt Park Drive, to a Dechlorination Station on Meanley Drive, then under the technology park and Scripps Lake Drive to the Lake. You can expect construction at night from 9pm to 5am. Access for residents, businesses, and emergency vehicles will be maintained. There may be brief scheduled water outages.
There will be substantial construction at Miramar Lake from 7:00am to 4:30pm. The lake will be closed to boating during construction, but surrounding trails and the loop around the lake will remain open. On-shore fishing will be permitted around most of the lake. Even during construction, 25 additional parking spaces will be provided at the Lake, and after completion, we will have a net gain of about 60 parking spaces.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Budge for 2020. Unanimous – 26 votes
- Financial Summary Report: Jim Neal, Treasure.
– All in all SRCA is “Breaking Even”.
– Working the issues with Quicken Book (with the help of consultant).
– Concerns were brought up why we are paying for utilities and monthly rent on recreations facticity. Bob explained it was a contract agreement with SD County.
- Financials Year to Date and Tax returns preparations.
- SRCA COMMITTEE AND ADVISORY GROUP REPORTS: None
CLOSED SESSION / INTERNAL BOARD ISSUES – None
Meeting Closed at 9pm
VII. President’s Report:
- Eyeglasses collection partnership with RB Lions Club update
- Recognition Night, 4th of July parade and Clean Up Day(s).
- Coronavirus Recovery partnership with SR Rotary Club update.
- Open Board Seats.
- City of SD Permanent Supportive Housing Proposal – Yanni’s update.
- Sustainable SR updates
- 50 Plus updates.
- SRCANW update re mail theft and street racing