May 9, 2017 @ 7:00pm

A. President’s Report Ilko
a. County grant application has been deemed complete and will be heard in June
b. City Council grant will be heard next week
c. SRHS Principal is retiring at the end of the year.
d. City’s PD Community Relations Board would like to know if there is interest in bringing a board meeting to Scripps Ranch? (Board responded they believe the community would be interested)
e. There is an organization hoping to do a daily or weekly digital newspaper for Scripps Ranch. Ilko and the newsletter editor met with them and got information to give to the Newsletter Committee.
B. Non-Agenda Public Comment
a. Dorothy Mildice: Thanks to the SRCA for getting the light fixed outside of the community room at the SRCA Center; PUD was working on Ranch View (across from Scripps Lake Drive) and dust is blowing around; Mildice provided a written report regarding the MCAS Miramar Community Leaders Forum

A. San Diego City Council (Councilmember Kersey) Alex Vivona
B. County of San Diego (Supervisor Gaspar) Dustin Steiner
C. CA State Assembly (Assemblyman Maienschein) Rob Knudsen
D. U.S. Congress (Congressman Peters) Jennifer Sosa
a. Congressman Peters introduced new legislation that would allow organization with hydropower permits to get extensions more easily
b. Congressman Peters will be at the Miramar Cemetery open house that will be on May 20 from 10:00am to 3:00pm
E. San Diego Police Department Officer Shannah Oliveras
a. April Statistics:
i. Stolen Vehicles: 1
ii. Car Break-ins: 9
iii. Commercial Burglaries: 3
iv. Residential Burglaries: 3
b. June 6 from 5:00pm to 7:00pm is “Coffee with a Cop” at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Starbucks (10195 Rancho Carmel Drive)
F. San Diego City Attorney (City Attorney Elliot) DCA Ann Marie Council
a. The Get It Done app can be used to address the dust issue around Scripps Lake Dr
b. There is a significant increase in homelessness in downtown. City Attorney’s Office is working with the Mayor’s Office to put those who need it in sober living. This program started in December and already has people 90+ days sober. The City has done a $3M joint grant application with the County for this program.

A. Executive Committee Ilko
a. Jim Paterniti and Mary Drummond resigned from the Board on Saturday. They have both contributed tremendously to SRCA, the planning groups, and the community. Jim has also done a lot of great work with Minds in Motion to help those with medical issues.
b. Jan McGinn tendered her resignation effective after the Community Fair. SRCA is thankful for her dedication and all of her work and willingness to stay on through the Community Fair to ensure a smooth transition.
i. Jan thanked everyone on the board, but is still going to be helping on committees.
c. Executive Committee recommended approval of Todd Phillips to fill the Executive VP vacancy.
i. Todd Phillips introduced himself. He’s lived in Scripps Ranch for 12, has two boys that go to EBS, and served as Chair of SRPG for 5 or 6 years. Phillips said Jim’s shoes would be very hard to fill and he is humbled to be considered to succeed him. Todd would like to take immediate action to fill the vacancies, meet with BRM, and to make himself available to all board members.
ii. Motion to appoint Todd Phillips to Executive VP by Barber, Second by Allman. Motion passed unanimously.

A. Membership McGinn
a. We are almost to our membership goal
b. Letters are going to those who did not renew from 2016 or 2015
B. Activities McGinn / Petrucci
a. Activities were briefed individually
C. Community Fair Brian Hoffman
a. Dignitaries have been contacted
b. Food trucks and rides have been coordinated
c. Two organizations would like to be Title Sponsors
D. Meet and Greet Holmes
a. Date: May 20
b. There are 30+ organizations participating
c. Volunteers are needed to staff the SRCA table from 1:30pm to 5:00pm
E. Recognition Night Petrucci
a. Recognition Night went well thanks to the committee – special thanks to Jan McGinn, Dorothy Mildice, and Lorayne Burley
F. Cleanup Day / Garage Sale Barber
a. We had 5 dumpsters this year, all bins filled up very quickly
b. Next cleanup day is in October
G. Fourth of July Clark
a. All City paperwork has been completed and turned in.
b. Entries are starting to come in
H. Movie Night Petrucci
I. Digital Communications Fregoso
J. Financials Allman
a. Dennis Engler is the new Budget Committee Chair.
b. Financial will be issued electronically to the Board this weekend.
c. Annual support checks were issued to Taste of the Ranch and Grad Night.
d. Newsletter lost $1600 last month, which is on par with past issues that had Recognition Night coverage.
e. Community Center was profitable last month. Demand for the venue has increased.
K. 50 Plus Holmes
a. Holmes would like someone from the Executive Committee on the 50 Plus Committee and the Long Term Planning Committee.
L. Long Term Planning Ilko
a. The Secretary will start the by-law review process and issue a timeline
b. Borja let the Board know the volunteer subcommittee will be meeting on May 24 at 7:00pm.
M. Schools Committee Fregoso
N. Sustainable SR Plutner
O. Planning Groups Wulfeck / Abella-Shon
a. Construction is beginning on the transmission line. Work will start on Pomerado near Marshall Middle School after June 15 to avoid school traffic. The SRCA has been working with SDG&E and the City to keep as much of Pomerado Road open as possible.
b. The CA PUC is having an EIR Scoping Meeting on the SDG&E gas pipeline project on Thursday May 25 2:00pm to 4:00pm and 6pm to 8pm at Alliant University.
c. The City’s Pure Water project has plans to run pipe down Meanley, under Lot 3, under Evans Pond, then up to the facility. Murphy Development (owners of Lot 3) have expressed concern about the marketability of their property if Meanley is closed down for construction.
d. The Glen at Scripps Ranch grading is almost done. No issues have come up during grading. Building permits are expected in June. Utilities should be installed in July. Roads should be installed by the end of the year.
e. Chabad is building the first 84 apartments.
f. The City is starting to gather CPC/Planning Group input for Capital Improvement Projects.
g. Criteria was met for a 4-Way stop sign at Big Canyon and Sycamore Trail Road in Stonebridge.
h. Next SRPG meeting is in June. Sudberry will be presenting on the Carrol Canyon Rd project at that meeting.
i. MRNPC is working on the Renzulli property. The Watermark project is going to the City for a substantial conformance review; they expect ADTs to be reduced from 18,000 to 12,000.
j. Fairbrook ad hoc design committee is meeting on May 24 to make a recommendation to Rec Council.
k. The draft EIR has not been released for the Innovation Academy/Monarch site.

Meeting was adjourned to the next regularly scheduled meeting on June 13, 2017.